Truck Driver Jobs in Surrey, B.C.
PDI Bulk is hiring for a variety of short haul and long haul truck driver jobs in Surrey, B.C.
PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada with head offices, terminals, and warehousing locations from British Columbia to Ontario. Offering best-in-class logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain, we focus on the polymer, chemical, and food industries. Our exceptional team has decades of expertise across a wide range of service offerings, which has helped to make PDI the trusted one-stop shop for our customers.
"I have been climbing behind the wheel since 1973 and, without hesitation, this is one of the best companies I've been associated with. From our supervisor in Edmonton to the staff in Guelph, I have not seen anything but courtesy and respect from all during my tenure with PDI."— Marlin Gee, Driver
“I have been in the transportation industry for 35 years and have been working at PDI since 2007. I can confidently say that most companies would not support you the way this company has me. They are a family run business with newer equipment and have an impressive safety record. I have made a pretty good living over the years and have enjoyed working with them. I am looking forward to what the future brings at PDI and working here until I hang up the keys for the final time.”— Will Fisher, Driver Trainer
Truck Driver Careers
We are accepting resumes to fill long haul truck driver and short haul truck driver jobs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday
- Operating trucks safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban, and rural routes
- Maintaining records of pickup and deliveries, and obtaining necessary signatures/receipts
- Maintaining all required certifications in line with DOT, MOT, Health & Safety, and company policies
- Accounting for all time and for all distance travelled in performing assigned duties
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature, and road conditions
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, logs, sheets, and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
- Resume which clearly demonstrates your experience as a professional AZ or Class 1 driver
- Safe driving record validated by a Driver’s Abstract that is valid within the past 30 days
- Criminal search valid within the past 30 days
- Must be able to lift between 60 to 90lbs consistently
- 3-5 years professional driving experience (preferred)
- For US Drivers: Valid passport or FAST PASS Card, Trans border experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
PDI is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Reasons To Work for PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
Health & Safety and the Environment
At PDI Bulk, we are dedicated to never-ending improvement in all areas of our business. This concept has always profoundly resonated throughout our company’s culture, and it is especially important when it comes to health and safety and the environment.
As operators of an extensive fleet of bulk tankers and trucks, we have outfitted our vehicles with the best equipment and technology. Our goal is to ensure we are operating at high efficiency and effectiveness, while reducing fuel consumption, travel time, and ensuring the safe transfer of goods.
Committed to safety and sustainability, we are proud members of ISO 9001-2015, Operation Clean Sweep, and Responsible Distribution. Ensuring our trucks are professionally maintained and repaired allows our team to complete their deliveries with confidence.
PDI is proud to have a fleet of best in-class trucks and equipment to increase service, efficiency, and safety.
To provide exceptional service to our customers, we have invested in our fleet in order to provide:
- Automatic transmissions for all local tractors
- Super single wheels for improved fuel efficiency and increased cargo load capacity
- Aluminum rims to reduce weight
- Engines made by PACCAR at the Mississippi plant
- High-quality components that serve to increase intervals and fuel economy
- Standardized disc brakes
- Weekend cleaning services for all equipment
Surrey, B.C. Terminal Information
Surrey, British Columbia is an innovative and diverse city, and is the second most populated city outside of Metro Vancouver. Known for its beautiful and expansive parks and vibrant communities from Newton to Guildford, Surrey lies between the Fraser River and the U.S. border, making it an ideal location for PDI Bulk.
PDI’s Surrey Terminal is situated between the Fraser River and the Trans-Canada highway, not far from Langley City. The terminal features 55,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, bulk trucking, and packaging facilities. Accessible to CP Rail, our Surrey location is able to transport a wide range of chemicals, polymers, and essential food products.
PDI has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desk. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.