Apply to become a truck mechanic at PDI Bulk today!
PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada, offering logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain with a focus in the polymer, chemical, and food industries.
We are seeking truck mechanics to join our team in Guelph, Ontario and Varennes and Lachine, Quebec. Put your skills to work with a company who values you and your family. You’ll work on best in-class trucks in great facilities.
PDI is proud to have a fleet of best in-class trucks and equipment to increase service, efficiency, and safety.
To provide exceptional service to our customers, we have invested in our fleet in order to provide:
- Automatic transmissions for all local tractors
- Super single wheels for improved fuel efficiency and increased cargo load capacity
- Aluminum rims to reduce weight
- Engines made by PACCAR at the Mississippi plant
- High-quality components that serve to increase intervals and fuel economy
- Standardized disc brakes
- Weekend cleaning service for all equipment
Committed to safety and sustainability, we are proud members of ISO 9001-2015, Operation Clean Sweep, and Responsible Distribution. Ensuring our trucks are professionally maintained and repaired allows our team to complete their deliveries with confidence.
Truck Mechanic Positions
PDI Bulk is hiring truck mechanics to join our team in Guelph, Ontario and Varennes and Lachine, Quebec.
Diesel Truck Mechanics and Heavy Equipment Mechanics will work on heavy equipment including transport trucks, bulk tankers, loaders, tractors, specialized pneumatic conveying systems, liquid transloading pumps, and more.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Hours: 2:00pm to 10:30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: $28.00 to $30.00 per hour (depending on qualifications)
- Prioritize daily vehicle work orders to assure timely repair
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Determine action to be taken on all truck and trailer breakdowns
- Understand and follow federal, provincial, and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste
- Assist in the safety and compliance of the shop work
- Assist in achieving departmental accountability measures
- 3-5+ years truck repair experience (diesel mechanic experience preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of tractor, trailer, and tanker equipment maintenance with heavy emphasis on diesel engine maintenance and repair
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate preventive maintenance strategies for transportation equipment
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge and experience with maintenance computerized systems
- Licensed mechanic preferred
- Welding skills
- Preventative maintenance service
- Handling breakdowns
- Brake repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Meeting annual safety requirements
Reasons To Work for PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
PDI has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desk. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.
PDI is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.