PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada, offering logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain with a focus in the polymer, chemical, and food industries. We are seeking truck dispatchers to join our team.
Reasons To Work for PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
PDI Bulk has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desk. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.
Truck Dispatching Positions
PDI Bulk is hiring truck dispatchers across Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Salary
- Day to day activities related and assigned to a dispatch role
- Computerized dispatch within TMW system
- Ensure trucks are properly loaded and assigned proper destinations
- Monitor wash schedules, schedule arrival and departure times
- Respond and provide solutions to both customer and driver questions & concerns
- Ensure clear communication with CSR’s
- Ensure DOT & MOT requirements are met & complied with on a daily basis
- Schedule equipment for regular service as well as emergency repairs
- Assist with driver skills ie: Self-Loading, Customs, Hazmat, Hours of Service, Company Policy and Procedures, Regulations, etc.
- Update websites
- Communicate & problem solve with railways when required
- Bulk dispatch experience an asset
- Good computer skills and software experience including TMW
- Great communication skills both verbally and written
- Works well under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Effective at problem solving and multi-tasking
- Works well independently and with little supervision
- Previous customer service work experience within a warehousing, logistics, or transportation industry, an asset
- Knowledge of CN and CP intermodal operations, an asset
- High attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adhere to strict deadlines
PDI Bulk is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.