Apply to join the warehouse staff and truck dispatcher team at PDI Bulk today!
PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada, offering logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain with a focus in the polymer, chemical, and food industries. We are seeking warehouse staff to join our team.
PDI’s Warehousing Facilities
Our warehouses are an integral service offered to our customers and set us apart from the competition. We warehouse dry bulk polymers, liquid chemicals (including flammables capability), and food.
Over the years, we have invested in our professional storage warehouses in order to provide:
- Superior warehouse and logistics
- Silo & tank storage
- Packaging and blending
- Rail & bulk distribution
- Warehouse operators that are trained to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Double-checks on materials, both received and shipped
- Yard security and state-of-the-art technology
Our warehouse facilities include:
- Guelph Area, total square footage: 185,000
- Greater Toronto Area & Hamilton, total square footage: 170,000
- Greater Montreal Area, total square footage: 285,000
- Edmonton, Alberta, total square footage: 40,000
- Surrey, British Columbia, total square footage: 55,000
Warehouse Staff Positions
PDI Bulk is hiring warehouse staff across Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Prepare shipping documents
- Enter shipping information into the Warehouse Management System
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Schedule pickup and delivery of inbound/outbound freight
- Maintain inventory controls
- Update spreadsheets and prepare reports on a routine basis
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with team members
- Operate warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Sort and place materials on shelves or in warehouse locations as required
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and resolve issues or concerns
- Maintain safe & clean work environment
- Wear all safety equipment
- Freight handling experience
- Forklift license required
- Previous customer service work experience within a warehousing, logistics, or transportation industry
- High attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience with online inventory management systems
- Dedicated to customer service
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of rail and yard equipment
- Willingness to cross train in other departments, such as wash bay, packaging
- Ability to certify in Fall Arrest, First Aid/CPR, GHS, TGD, Emergency Response, etc.
- Ability to work at heights per company procedure
- Ability to lift 40-60 lbs
Reasons To Work for PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
PDI has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desk. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.
PDI is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.