PDI Bulk is ISO 9001 certified, a member of Operation Clean Sweep, utilizes Responsible Distribution, and has embedded sustainable considerations into every service.
We take corporate responsibility seriously and are committed to providing the most sustainable transportation model with our rail services, processes, and integrated checks and certifications.
Click below to watch Vice President, Rick Standish discuss
PDI’s approach to responsible essential service transloading.
Sustainability & Environmental Initiatives
Sustainable considerations are embedded into every process and every job that PDI takes on for its customers. We aim to reduce our environmental impact as responsible stewards of your products and our environment. By providing end-to-end solutions on one site, we avoid additional travel, costs, and transportation impacts on the environment.
PDI Bulk is able to provide the most sustainable transportation model, because of our rail services, our processes, and our integrated checks and certifications.
PDI Bulk is fully certified by the Registration Accreditation Board for the ISO 9001 standard, and we are proud to be the only bulk trucking company that is certified for all aspects of our business, including: rail terminal operations, bulk transport, transloading, packaging, warehousing, and delivery.
ISO 9001 accreditation ensures the following universal management principles are implemented:
- Customer Focus
- Engagement of People
- Process Approach
- Evidence-Based Decision Making
- Relationship Management
The ISO 9001 standard is implemented to produce a quality system for all aspects of business operation and, in order to retain registration, annual audits are conducted by a third party.
Operations Clean Sweep
PDI Bulk recognizes the importance of preventing the loss of resin pellets into the environment and we are committed to implementing the Operation Clean Sweep program.
As an OCS Program Partner, we strive towards zero pellet loss and will implement changes wherever possible and practical to:
- Improve our worksite setup to prevent and address spills
- Create and publish internal procedures to achieve zero pellet loss goals
- Provide employee training and accountability for spill prevention, containment, cleanup and disposal
- Review our performance regularly
- Comply with all applicable state and local regulations governing pellet containment
We believe in cooperative working relationships with all partners in the distribution supply chain. We strive to continuously improve our systems and procedures with the purpose of ensuring timely, accurate, and risk-free handling and distribution of our customers’ products.
PDI Bulk is proud to be a member of The Canadian Association of Chemical Distributors (CACD) trade association for the distribution sector of the Canadian chemical industry.
As a member, we adhere to a code of practice known as Responsible Distribution®, which governs our actions to meet the guiding principles as they relate to all aspects of the distribution of chemicals, chemical products, and chemical services in order to result in:
- Continual reduction of incidents that may result in or threaten injury to people, influence security, or cause damage to the environment.
- Ongoing cooperation with users, manufacturers, distributors, importers, operators of warehouses and/or terminals, carriers, and government agencies to reduce risks.
- Effective emergency response to distribution incidents to minimize injury to people and damage to the environment.
- Continued assurance that the policies, standards, and procedures for Responsible Distribution are in place and functioning effectively.
- Enhanced confidence in the distribution of chemicals, chemical products, and chemical services.
- Sustainability is implicit in the Code of Practice represented through commitment to product stewardship, health & safety, regulatory compliance, interaction with stakeholders, management of suppliers and security.