PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada with head offices, terminals, and warehousing locations from BC to Ontario. Offering best-in-class logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain, we focus on the polymer, chemical, and food industries. Our exceptional team has decades of expertise across a wide range of service offerings, which has helped to make PDI Bulk the trusted one-stop shop for our customers.
— Marlin Gee, Driver
— Will Fisher, Driver Trainer
Reasons To Work with PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 per hour (depending on qualifications)
- Operating trucks safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban, and rural routes
- Maintaining records of pickup and deliveries, and obtaining necessary signatures/receipts
- Maintaining all required certifications in line with DOT, MOT, Health & Safety, and company policies
- Accounting for all time and for all distance travelled in performing assigned duties
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature, and road conditions
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, logs, sheets, and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
- 2 years minimum experience required
- Resume which clearly demonstrates your experience as a professional AZ or Class 1 driver
- Safe driving record validated by a Driver’s Abstract that is valid within the past 30 days
- Criminal search valid within the past 30 days
- Must be able to lift between 60 to 90lbs consistently
- 3-5 years professional driving experience (preferred)
- For US Drivers: Valid passport or FAST PASS Card, Trans border experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
Montreal Area Terminal Information
The largest city in Quebec, Montreal and its broader metropolitan area is a bilingual region known for its commerce, arts and culture, and universities. It has also been ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the world.
A major centre for hosting international conferences and events, Montreal is the only Canadian city to have hosted the Summer Olympics. The region is recognized as a centre of pharmaceutical and aerospace innovation, and is a transportation hub, making it an ideal location for PDI Bulk.
PDI Bulk has four terminals in the Montreal area:
Montreal East Terminal
Our Montreal East terminal is located near Pointe-aux-Trembles with 65,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, silo and tank storage, packaging, bulk trucking, and washer bay facilities. Accessible to both CP & CN Rail, our Sherbrooke St. E. location is able to transport a wide range of chemical and polymer products.
We have two terminals in Varennes. The first is located along Rte Marie-Victorin, just 30 minutes from our Montreal East location and 5 minutes from our second terminal in Varennes, and offers 30,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, bulk trucking, and packaging facilities.
The second terminal is located directly across from the Costco Wholesale Distribution Centre and offers 150,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, packaging, maintenance, bulk trucking, and washer bay facilities. Accessible to CN Rail, our Varennes locations are able to transport a wide range of chemicals, polymers, and essential food products.
Our Lachine terminal is located just off Highway 20 and conveniently adjacent to the CP rail line. This terminal offers 40,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, packaging, silo and tank storage, bulk trucking, and washer bay facilities.
PDI Bulk has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desks. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.
PDI Bulk’s Trucks
PDI Bulk is proud to have a fleet of best in-class trucks and equipment to increase service, efficiency, and safety.
To provide exceptional service to our customers and safety for our team, we have invested in our fleet in order to provide:
- Automatic transmissions for all local tractors
- Super single wheels for improved fuel efficiency and increased cargo load capacity
- Aluminum rims to reduce weight
- Engines made by PACCAR at the Mississippi plant
- High-quality components that serve to increase intervals and fuel economy
- Standardized disc brakes
- Weekend cleaning services for all equipment