PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada with head offices, terminals, and warehousing locations from BC to Ontario. Offering best-in-class logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain, we focus on the polymer, chemical, and food industries. Our exceptional team has decades of expertise across a wide range of service offerings, which has helped to make PDI Bulk the trusted one-stop shop for our customers.
— Marlin Gee, Driver
— Will Fisher, Driver Trainer
Reasons To Work with PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 per hour (depending on qualifications)
- Operating trucks safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban, and rural routes
- Maintaining records of pickup and deliveries, and obtaining necessary signatures/receipts
- Maintaining all required certifications in line with DOT, MOT, Health & Safety, and company policies
- Accounting for all time and for all distance travelled in performing assigned duties
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature, and road conditions
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, logs, sheets, and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
- 2 years minimum experience required
- Resume which clearly demonstrates your experience as a professional AZ or Class 1 driver
- Safe driving record validated by a Driver’s Abstract that is valid within the past 30 days
- Criminal search valid within the past 30 days
- Must be able to lift between 60 to 90lbs consistently
- 3-5 years professional driving experience (preferred)
- For US Drivers: Valid passport or FAST PASS Card, Trans border experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills in English
Guelph Terminal Information
Known as the ‘Royal City’, Guelph is a vibrant and growing city in Southwestern Ontario recognized for its European-style city centre, its cultural events, and its commitment to innovation and growth.
Recognized as one of the best places to live in Canada, Guelph enjoys a low crime rate and a high rate of employment. Ideally situated near the tri-cities of Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge, it is also just over an hour from Toronto, making it an ideal location for PDI Bulk.
PDI Bulk has 6 terminals and our head office in the Guelph area:
Head Office | Victoria Rd. Terminal
Our head office and main terminal is located on Victoria Rd. S. and provides 55,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, silo and tank storage, packaging, maintenance, bulk trucking, and tanker wash bay facilities. Accessible to both CP & CN Rail, this central terminal is able to transport a wide range of chemicals and essential food products.
Elizabeth St. Terminal
Our Elizabeth St. terminal is located near downtown and provides 30,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, silo and tank storage, packaging, bulk trucking, and tanker wash bay facilities. Accessible to both CP & CN Rail, this central terminal is able to transport a wide range of essential polymer and food products.
Massey Rd. Terminals
Our two Massey Rd. terminals are also conveniently located just off Highway 6 and one is accessible to both CP & CN Rail with the ability to transport a wide range of polymers, chemicals, and essential food products. This new location offers 100,000 square feet of warehouse space and on-site logistics, blending, silo and tank storage, packaging, bulk trucking, and tanker wash bay facilities.
Our Arkell terminal is a smaller location that is connected to the rail line and offers the ability to transport polymers.
Imperial Rd. Terminal
Our Imperial Rd. terminal is conveniently located just off Highway 6 and is accessible to both CP & CN Rail with the ability to transport a wide range of polymer products.
PDI Bulk has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desks. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.
PDI Bulk’s Trucks
PDI Bulk is proud to have a fleet of best in-class trucks and equipment to increase service, efficiency, and safety.
To provide exceptional service to our customers and safety for our team, we have invested in our fleet in order to provide:
- Automatic transmissions for all local tractors
- Super single wheels for improved fuel efficiency and increased cargo load capacity
- Aluminum rims to reduce weight
- Engines made by PACCAR at the Mississippi plant
- High-quality components that serve to increase intervals and fuel economy
- Standardized disc brakes
- Weekend cleaning services for all equipment