PDI Bulk is one of the largest bulk transportation companies in Canada with head offices, terminals, and warehousing locations from British Columbia to Ontario. Offering best-in-class logistic services from A-Z in the supply chain, we focus on the polymer, chemical, and food industries. Our exceptional team has decades of expertise across a wide range of service offerings, which has helped to make PDI the trusted one-stop shop for our customers.
Apply to become a truck driver in Winnipeg with PDI!
— Marlin Gee, Driver
— Will Fisher, Driver Trainer
Reasons To Work with PDI Bulk
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- In-house training
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Skill-building, cross-training, and growth opportunities
- Team culture where people are valued and listened to
- Working for a company focused on sustainability
We are committed to meeting all Health & Safety requirements for our employees, in order to ensure a safe work environment, training, and following proven protocols.
Our top-priority is to keep our staff safe with proper and regular training, as well as using quality, top-of-the-line equipment that is regularly maintained and updated.
PDI has installed clear plastic barriers at our reception desk. Buildings are not open to public or social meetings. Gloves, masks, sanitizer, and other PPE is available at all our locations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 per hour (depending on qualifications)
- Operating trucks safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban, and rural routes
- Maintaining records of pickup and deliveries, and obtaining necessary signatures/receipts
- Maintaining all required certifications in line with DOT, MOT, Health & Safety, and company policies
- Accounting for all time and for all distance travelled in performing assigned duties
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature, and road conditions
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, logs, sheets, and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
- Following health and safety and safe work procedures
- 2 years minimum experience required
- Resume which clearly demonstrates your experience as a professional AZ or Class 1 driver
- Safe driving record validated by a Driver’s Abstract that is valid within the past 30 days
- Criminal search valid within the past 30 days
- Must be able to lift between 60 to 90lbs consistently
- 3-5 years professional driving experience (preferred)
- For US Drivers: Valid passport or FAST PASS Card, Trans border experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills in English
Winnipeg Terminal Information
The capital city of Manitoba, Winnipeg is the largest city in the province and is situated along the Red and Assiniboine Rivers just off the Trans Canada Highway, making it an ideal location for PDI Bulk.
Known as the “Gateway to the West”, the city was originally a large trading centre for Indigenous Peoples, and it is the birthplace of the Métis Nation. Winnipeg is recognized for its annual festivals and sports teams, including the Winnipeg Jazz Festival, the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and the Winnipeg Jets.
PDI Bulk’s Winnipeg location is situated in the Fort Whyte district, towards the southern part of the city.
PDI Bulk’s Trucks
PDI is proud to have a fleet of best in-class trucks and equipment to increase service, efficiency, and safety.
To provide exceptional service to our customers, we have invested in our fleet in order to provide:
- Automatic transmissions for all local tractors
- Super single wheels for improved fuel efficiency and increased cargo load capacity
- Aluminum rims to reduce weight
- Engines made by PACCAR at the Mississippi plant
- High-quality components that serve to increase intervals and fuel economy
- Standardized disc brakes
- Weekend cleaning services for all equipment