To our valued customers, employees, and communities,
As a Canadian company with international ties, we’re closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. In
addition to the thousands who are affected by the illness, thousands more are indirectly dealing with
changes in their work, school, and community environments. PDI is working hard to ensure we have
business continuation plans in place so that we can continue to serve our customer’s needs. These
- Increased ability for employees to work from home.
- IT resources to manage increased off-site work.
- Separated shifts to limit exposure of PDI employees.
- PDI is supporting the 14-day self-quarantine of any employee that has had international travel.
- Awareness bulletins at PDI facilities.
- Awareness bulletins posted on PDI facebook, intranet, website.
- 100% ban on all air travel for PDI employees.
- All visitors and team members have been asked to refrain from visiting our offices if:
o They have travelled to any highly affected area or hot spot including but not limited to
China, South Korea, Iran or Italy or have been in close contact with someone who has
travelled to those areas at any time in the past 14 days; or
o They have any reason to believe that they might otherwise have been exposed to a
confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or
o They are exhibiting any symptoms of infection (e.g. fever, dry cough, shortness of breath
or other breathing difficulties).
PDI’s number one priority is to keep our employees, our communities, and our customers safe. We’ll be
reviewing our COVID-19 business continuation plans daily from our management team down. Any
changes will be communicated in a timely manner.
PDI has a very strong team of employees and we are very confident in our ability to navigate this difficult
At the end of the day we’re all in this together, stay safe, and if you have any questions please feel free to
reach out to me directly.